The basis of Halifax Christian School shall be the Word of God as interpreted by the following statement of faith:
The Apostles’ Creed, though not written by the apostles, is the oldest creed of the Christian church and is the basis for others that followed.
Its most used form is:
I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord, Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, Born of the Virgin Mary, Suffered under Pontius Pilate, Was crucified, dead, and buried. He descended into hell; The third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, And sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead. I believe in the Holy Ghost; The Church, the Communion of Saints; The Forgiveness of sins; The Resurrection of the body, And the Life everlasting. Amen.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible authoritative Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21-22; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Peter 3:16; John 5:39)
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4; 1 Corinthians 8:6; Malachi 3:6; John 1: 1-3,14; John 10:30; John 15:26)
- We believe in our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Isaiah 7:14; Luke 1:27-35; John 1:1,14, 20; Romans 1:3-6; Romans 3:25; Romans 6:9; Galatians 4:4; Philippians 2:6; 1 Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 1:1-2; Hebrews 9:14; 1 John 2:2)
- We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. (John 6:44; Ephesians 1:13; Ephesians 2:4-9; 1 Peter 3:18; Titus 3:5-7)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: those who are saved unto the resurrection of life, and those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (2 Corinthians 5:10; Ecclesiastes 7:14; Romans 14:12; 2 Thessalonians 1:9; Hebrews 9: 27; Acts 24:15; 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; I Thessalonians 4: 15-18; 2 Timothy 4:11)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (I John 3:16; Galatians 6:10; 1 Corinthians 12:13; 1 John 5:11; 1 Peter 3:8; Ephesians 4:1-6, 13-16)
- We believe that because God created all human life it is of inestimable worth and to be valued and protected in all its dimensions from conception through natural death. (Ps. 139).
This Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. For purposes of this school’s faith, doctrine, educational philosophy, beliefs, core values, policies, practices, and discipline, the Board of Directors has finalinterpretive authority on the meaning and application of the Bible.